• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Joe Smith Flying the 100cc Aeroworks Extra 300!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey guys check out this killer vid of Joe flying the 100cc Aeroworks Extra 300. Love the multirotor point of view on this.

Nice job Joe!

[video=youtube;kRGCuKhbGM8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRGCuKhbGM8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
The multi-rotor POV is cool. I think Joe could fly a brick and make it look good. Not sure I've ever seen him fly a plane that didn't look like he has been flying it for a year or two.

What would be really helpful is a comment section at the end of the video where he would discuss the adjustments he has to make regarding trim, stick inputs and timing. His favorite planes (mfg & model) could be his baseline and then he makes the comparison from that point.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
The multi-rotor POV is cool. I think Joe could fly a brick and make it look good. Not sure I've ever seen him fly a plane that didn't look like he has been flying it for a year or two.

What would be really helpful is a comment section at the end of the video where he would discuss the adjustments he has to make regarding trim, stick inputs and timing. His favorite planes (mfg & model) could be his baseline and then he makes the comparison from that point.

Not sure if he still gets notifications but I will give it a shot.. [MENTION=11]Joe Smith[/MENTION] see the post above. Do you have any comments you can make?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Here's a new vid from Joe Smith with his Aeroworks 100cc Extra 300! Enjoy!

[video=youtube;CU6T8Xm05FM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU6T8Xm05FM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Here is one more of Joe flying a work in progress of mine. An Aero Works YAK 55 with a prototype Kontronik Geared motor system. Getting about 9400watts out of the system now. Power is getting there, goal is 12kw...Mejzlik 28x12 prop on Pulse 14S 10000mAh batteries...Prop RPM is around 6800 at full throttle. Motor is a Pyro750-56 Heli Motor. Xpert WR-6601 Servos connected to a Jeti Central Box 200 with redundent Pulse 5000mAh 2S RX packs.

Not Joe's normal hard core 3D flying as we are still playing with this plane...but still a nice flight...

[video=youtube;xAY00NtxiuU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAY00NtxiuU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Awesome Greg! I posted a front page article on it earlier today. Looks really cool! Tell us what kind of benefits are you getting from the gear drive and what it's capable of.