• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

joe do you use a smooth throttle stick or a rachet style?

lugnutz

30cc
hey Joe i was wondering if you use a heli style of throttle or a plane style,also do you use Futaba's heavier springs or the stock ones on your sticks.
i have heard that guys flying IMAC tend to use the stiffer spring,so they can return to center quicker
i heard that the heli guys like the sticks soft and smooth for 3d,is this the same for airplanes?
thank you in advance Frank

hey Joe i was wondering if you use a heli style of throttle or a plane style,also do you use Futaba's heavier springs or the stock ones on your sticks.
i have heard that guys flying IMAC tend to use the stiffer spring,so they can return to center quicker
i heard that the heli guys like the sticks soft and smooth for 3d,is this the same for airplanes?
thank you in advance Frank

Hey Frank,

I tighten the stock springs as much as possible. I tried a radio this past weekend with upgraded springs that were much tighter and I didn't like them at all. I will be sticking with stock springs.

lugnutz

30cc
thank you,i think i am going to stick with the stock ones as well but i do have the stiffer ones just in case i change my mind,some of the guys i fly with love the stiffer springs because they can let go of the sticks and they center quickly,also its harder for them to move the stick out of a particular postion left /right,up/down the stick is usually in the same axis, there is a flying school that has recommended flying with the stiffest spring you can tolerate but i think that is for more of precision flying rather than 3d

econpatric

70cc twin V2
Hey Frank,

I tighten the stock springs as much as possible. I tried a radio this past weekend with upgraded springs that were much tighter and I didn't like them at all. I will be sticking with stock springs.

Joe, please forgive my noob question, but what advantage are you given by tightening the springs? Does it help precision at all or is it just as Frank mentioned for faster centering?