• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Jeti DS-16 and Telemetry

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
Put a little video together to show a bit of the Telemetry on the DS 16 Jeti Radio

[video=youtube_share;NWBYKZuFIYA]http://youtu.be/NWBYKZuFIYA[/video]

After checking out Joe Smith's and Wamsy's Jeti radio at the Mid-American Fly-Low-In at Cape Girardeau, I had to have one of these. Fast forward a month and I saved up enough money to make the switch from Hitec. So far I'm very pleased but have one question. How do you guys install your MUI current sensors? Do you shorten the positive wire on the speed controller that way the wires are still the same length? Solder or connectors? Do you guys use the voltage wires as well or just tie them off. Setup pictures would be helpful.

Thanks

I shorten the positive side on the ESC and solder it in line. I use the voltage wires as well. Having the voltage telemetry keeps me from ever flying with a dead pack. The capacity meter is what I use as my timer.

Joe

so it has a capacity meter? i may have to save up for one also

You won't be disappointed. The DS-16 is amazing! It has a 3 axis gyro and accelerometer in it as well. So, you can also set it up to tell you how much of your battery you've used by simply tilting the radio in the direction you specify.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Joe, can you explain to me how to set up knife edge mixing? In my old radio, I could specify a rudder direction. However, on the DS-16 it seams as though a Rudder to Aileron mix will mix in the ailerons no matter what direction you're flying. I saw a few posts about setting up 2 mixes, one for left rudder and one for right rudder. Then you make the mix curve flat on the side you don't wish to have the mix. I tried this and it didn't work, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: