• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

It's On! RED FLAG, Jet Precision Acro & Formation, Lakeland, FL, Oct 29-31

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
red flag promo.jpg

Now THAT is a promo flyer! Who's going???

From Frank Tiano's website;
Red Flag is, and will be, a lot of things but it may be easiest to explain some things it is “Not”, or “Will Not” be! For example, it is not for the timid, it is not for the procrastinator, it is not for the average guy and is not for “non-competitive” modelers.

RED FLAG is a new ALL JET event coming to Lakeland Florida’s Paradises Field this October. It will be a scored event, meaning a competition, with the emphasis on Aerobatics with a little attention on craftsmanship and appearance thrown in. It will be an invitational, but people who think they may be qualified may “ask” for a slot to compete. Or, pilots may be recommended by others. (We don’t know everybody in the World) There will be a purse, not enough to buy a new car, but enough for Bragging Rights. Nice Awards too.

Red Flag will have three classes, one for Pros, one for those who may not quite be there yet and one for Formation Flying The list of 10 maneuvers will be flown, from a list; some of them mandatory and a few will be pilot choice . Takeoffs may not be judged but landings will. Maximum planes in the air at one time? Probably 2. It will be a Thursday, Friday Saturday event with all awards given out at a Dinner Saturday night.

lxcoupe

30cc
That would be nice to go to. I'll be driving right past it on my way to Huck-O-Ween in Iron City, GA

I wish it wasn't the same weekend.