• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAA and HighFlight Magazine closes it's doors!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Just noticed this piece of information today and thought I would share. I hate to see RC Organizations go by the way side and never really dealt with IMAA but I am sure a fair number here have! Go to their website and here is what the pop-up states.

"Notice

We are saddened to announce that the IMAA, and HighFlight Magazine are no longer able to operate, because of a lack of operating funds. Thank you for your support as a member. The Fall 2014 issue of HighFlight will be delivered to the members as usual, and the Fall digital edition will be available online in a few days. If you have any questions, please contact your District Director."

AKfreak

150cc
Things change in life, you either change with it, or you are forced to change. Sad to see things like this. We also lost higher plane this year, Fred will be missed.

funflyr

50cc
The IMAA organization is gone. But with enough support HighFlight Magazine can be available again in digital format. It is the only magazine that is Giant Scale Only. The new Highflight Magazine has nothing to do with the IMAA or any other organization. Taylor Collins was the Editor of High Flight Magazine when the magazine was produced for the IMAA. The IMAA Board abandoned the trademark and the digital publication. Taylor was not a member of the IMAA's board of directors and had nothing to do with the disbanding of the IMAA, he's simply a Magazine Editor who loves building, flying, and writing about Giant Scale Airplanes and Giant Scale events. A Kickstarter campaign has been launched to see if there is enough support to bring back HighFlight Magazine. Below is a link to the details, you will only be charged if there is enough support to assure the success of the magazine.
Thanks
Troy

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...zine?ref=email

Here's a link that gives some of the content of the last four issues.

http://www.highflightmagazine.com/our-content/