• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

If you had $1000.00 to spend on a charger and power supply, what would you buy?

pawnshopmike

Staff member

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Now that I told you what I'd do with that budget, what I'd really do is a single PowerLab 8 with a Bump Controller and a single 24v power supply for around $600.

Ditto. I wish I would have known about the bump controller when I built my case a couple of moons ago. I'm digging my power lab 6 though and running an 1800 watt hp server power supply.

A buddy I work with just purchased a cnc plasma cutter and for fun I may redo my charger case some time next year and get him to cut me a bad a$$ deck for it and throw in another pl6 and bump controller and make it fancy lookin.

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Dang I see the bump controller is already up for pre-order with a pl6 combo....hmmm :ooh?:

Edit: And now its ordered :) Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to get a bump controller, if the first run hasn't sold out, to start playing with.

Last edited:

BalsaDust

Just pay cbarnes0061 $1000 to build you another badass slab and be happy with the charger you currently have. :).

I have the knock off version of the X4 and love it. I'm not worried about charging fast though. Even at the field I never charge any of my packs at more that 2.5amps.

poprlite

50cc
I have a 24 volt homemade supply out of a server delivering around 950watts. Hyperion duo charger. It will charge 12s 6000 in about 25 min and that's not even turned up. Whole setup cost less than 400. I never charge packs higher than 3c.

I went with 2 Dell (AA 23300, I think....)server supplies, 47A, 1150W of power and wired in series for 24Vdc output. I am using 2 iChargers, a 308 and a 406. They do more than I need them to do. I'd like to upgrade my supplies to 2000W at 24Vdc.