• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Idiot Boy Builds an Old School World Engines Robin Hood 99 Kit

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Finished covering the fuse this evening.

image.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Mike did you ever make it to Clarence Idoux's West Side Hobbies in Belleville when he was still around?

I remember going to an awesome hobby shop in Belleville back in 87 or 88. I was only their once and I don't recall the name. Picked up a 540 stock motor while I was there for one of my cars.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I remember going to an awesome hobby shop in Belleville back in 87 or 88. I was only their once and I don't recall the name. Picked up a 540 stock motor while I was there for one of my cars.
Clarence's shop was really small, but had tons of stuff. It was jambed in every nook and cranny. He raced Quickie 500 and what the St. Louis guys called "Run Whatcha Brung". He also raced in their annual Warbird race which he won several times. He could make anything fast. Every Sunday at the field he'd be practicing we some kind of screamer. Since you could fly in an oval around yourself at the Belleville field, lot's of guys practiced pylon there. He opened his first shop in 1947 and closed around 1999.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
In the past I always had trouble trimming he edge of covering were it overlaps the top or bottom. Never could get a nice clean and even edge.

So, I came up with this idea. Although I'm sure I'm not the first one to try this. Works really well though. Made up some trim knives in 1/8", 1/4" and 1/2".

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Bipeguy03

150cc

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
That is a good idea. I paint my planes but have been considering building something just to try Monocote again. I will remember this.