Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Idiot Boy Builds an Old School World Engines Robin Hood 99 Kit

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by pawnshopmike, Feb 21, 2017.

1. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Sure wish I could be there for the maiden. Be sure to take lots of photos. And video of possible.

pawnshopmike and Jetpainter like this.
  2. I wish I could but I have to work Saturday.:(

3. It's looking good!!! :)

pawnshopmike likes this.
  4. Thanks bro.

Drilled holes in the wing for the wing bolts tonight. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow to square up the wing with the fuse and drill the mounting holes in the wing saddle.

Getting close to the job I hate most......Sanding.....ugh.

stangflyer and Alky6 like this.
  5. Wing mounted.

image.jpg

stangflyer, dhal22, Bipeguy03 and 3 others like this.
  6. Yee haw! You'll be covering before you know it! :)

pawnshopmike and Jetpainter like this.
  7. @Decal Dennis helped me figure out the wing struts last night. So today I installed the mounts for them. I think I'm about ready to start sanding and prepping for covering.

Using a tip from @BalsaDust , I ironed some covering to a piece of wood and took it to Lowes for a color match. They did a great job. I just need to experiment with fuel-proofing the paint cause I'll be painting the firewall. I'm going to try clear coating the paint with Deluxe Materials Eze-Kote. https://www.horizonhobby.com/cars-a...ives/eze-kote-finishing-resin--500-ml-dlmbd37

image.jpg

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    stangflyer likes this.
  8. Okay. Time to take this baby all apart and start sanding. Any volunteers to come over for a sanding party??

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

9. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Looks great Mike. If I might add as I think it would even better. Build on some side cheeks up front like a modern day trainer. That's just me though.

pawnshopmike likes this.
  10. Thanks man.
    I thought about that. But the muffler is in the way. And at this point, I'm ready to get this baby in the air before flying season is over!:)

Jetpainter and BalsaDust like this.