• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Idiot Boy Builds an Old School World Engines Robin Hood 99 Kit

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well after a few week break for vacation, back to work on the Robinhood.

Finally finished up the cargo box. After pondering the linkage for a while, I decided to go with a cable setup instead of hard linkage.

View attachment 97098 View attachment 97099

Neat setup. For what it's worth Mike, your cable drawn closure system is probably the easiest way to go. I used a Hitec HS 55 at each end of my box. One for each door. It worked pretty darn well, but oh my aching head. The geometry from solid links just about drove me coo coo.... It would either close all the way and not open all the way. Oooor.....it would open all the way and bind when closing. Grrrr...... Of course this was well before I understood completely how to use the programming in my radio. Once I got that nailed down, huh...what a piece of work. LMAO.

Finally settled on a color scheme. The limited selection of 10 meter rolls of Ultracote made my decision easier. Going with Orange and Deep Blue.

View attachment 97102 View attachment 97103
Ok...so.....I just happen to like those colors together. Orange and Purple even. Orange and white. Orange and....ok, I like Orange. Hee hee....

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I really think it is high time you get back on this candy carrier. I am anxious to seem some progress. Mush...on with it.
whipping.gif

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks gents. :way_to_go:

Hoping to have it ready to go sometime in September at the latest.
At least it won't be 100 then, well it shouldn't be anyway.;)

Mike, you coming to MAW for the Big Bird event Saturday? If I'm going to maiden my Hangar 9 Extra Sunday I'll be working on it most of the day Saturday, so I doubt I'll make it out there.