• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I’m going out flying thread 2019

Wild man

70cc twin V2
I have been flying my 2.1m Cessan 150 and my E1500 Twin C123 cargo plane off the snow on floats with the Go Pro Hero 7 mounted on top the fuselage with awesome results with great video clearity. I have also mounted the go pro on top of my PT-17 with Velcro with great results. All the new tech stuff is fun to use on and in our planes, choppers and drones, also have been flying FPV on a few planes

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I have been flying my 2.1m Cessan 150 and my E1500 Twin C123 cargo plane off the snow on floats with the Go Pro Hero 7 mounted on top the fuselage with awesome results with great video clearity. I have also mounted the go pro on top of my PT-17 with Velcro with great results. All the new tech stuff is fun to use on and in our planes, choppers and drones, also have been flying FPV on a few planes

Snow? It's still fall............. :)

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Beautiful day at the field, 60 plus degrees and sunshine. Assembled the new pilot yak and checked balance, throws, etc. Mount the batteries now that it's balanced and maiden this week I hope.

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Here is a photo taken just a couple weeks ago of my Cessna 150 on floats later in the day I mounted my Go Pro 7 on top and got some awesome video
01ed5b7435bdfdc3423c30a66747f671f6a3160398_00001.jpg

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Twin E-155.jpg

This is another one of my planes that I fly off snow and water with floats. I have five planes I now have designated for float planes.( the others mini timber,the 60" Timber and a 50" Spot Cub S2) This twin E Fight electric C-123 is a blast to fly, shoot videos from with my Go- pro mounted on top. This planes IMO flies better with the floats on then with wheels under it. I love to drop sky Divers, Mini tanks and many other Items out of the Cargo bay, but I had to cover the installed servo inside the Cargo bay so items would not hang up inside the bay. I fly it on two 4 cell 3200mah batteries in parallel giving it 6400mah Which gives me close to 10 minutes of flight time when conserving on throttle usage. Here in SD we have a few days of above 50 degree weather Then, BOOM 4 inches of snow that will disappear in the next few days of above 40 degrees and sun shine. So on the cold windy cloudy days I work on a few more planes, jets, racers,3D elec. and other civil air craft in the hangar. All this and working on Heavy equipment, farm equipment, skid steers and doing some welding part time keeps me very busy these days

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 112373

This is another one of my planes that I fly off snow and water with floats. I have five planes I now have designated for float planes.( the others mini timber,the 60" Timber and a 50" Spot Cub S2) This twin E Fight electric C-123 is a blast to fly, shoot videos from with my Go- pro mounted on top. This planes IMO flies better with the floats on then with wheels under it. I love to drop sky Divers, Mini tanks and many other Items out of the Cargo bay, but I had to cover the installed servo inside the Cargo bay so items would not hang up inside the bay. I fly it on two 4 cell 3200mah batteries in parallel giving it 6400mah Which gives me close to 10 minutes of flight time when conserving on throttle usage. Here in SD we have a few days of above 50 degree weather Then, BOOM 4 inches of snow that will disappear in the next few days of above 40 degrees and sun shine. So on the cold windy cloudy days I work on a few more planes, jets, racers,3D elec. and other civil air craft in the hangar. All this and working on Heavy equipment, farm equipment, skid steers and doing some welding part time keeps me very busy these days

Sounds like you are into planes, welcome to the club. My sister lived in Rapid City for a while, Fun state, her husband did roofing over there, he said once in a rare moon hed be working shirtless and then within minutes it would drop 50 degrees... I thought he was yanking my chain, but it's legit. Strange! It's been raining for over a month here now.... One day I'll have a waterproof airplane and a waterproof transmitter... LOL That EC-1500 looks like a really fun plane:yesss: I don't have any 4S batteries, just a ton of 6S. Glad to hear it likes floats. I'm all about that :attaboy:
You say you take a lot of video... where is it!?!?! :please-ban: Would love to see some!

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Sounds like you are into planes, welcome to the club. My sister lived in Rapid City for a while, Fun state, her husband did roofing over there, he said once in a rare moon hed be working shirtless and then within minutes it would drop 50 degrees... I thought he was yanking my chain, but it's legit. Strange! It's been raining for over a month here now.... One day I'll have a waterproof airplane and a waterproof transmitter... LOL That EC-1500 looks like a really fun plane:yesss: I don't have any 4S batteries, just a ton of 6S. Glad to hear it likes floats. I'm all about that :attaboy:
You say you take a lot of video... where is it!?!?! :please-ban: Would love to see some!
( I HAVE BEEN OFF THE GRID ) pur say for about 3 years and have just had my Internet provider here recover the address I had been using before I moved. I just updated my Dell PC from windows 7 to 10 and am drying to get back all my info and learning all the new tech stuff Like my Go Pro Hero 7, my SOLO Shot 2 Robotic camera with the GPS tag to mount on my planes to take videos from, it's all mine blowing for an old fart to absorb LOL !!! like the old saying you do not use it you loose it I have been learning. I am still learning all the tricks to using my iphone X Spent three hours yesterday trying to learn hwo to upload photos from my iphone to my Dell PC with no ea vale once I figure out all this videos will be coming Until then keep em flying

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
( I HAVE BEEN OFF THE GRID ) pur say for about 3 years and have just had my Internet provider here recover the address I had been using before I moved. I just updated my Dell PC from windows 7 to 10 and am drying to get back all my info and learning all the new tech stuff Like my Go Pro Hero 7, my SOLO Shot 2 Robotic camera with the GPS tag to mount on my planes to take videos from, it's all mine blowing for an old fart to absorb LOL !!! like the old saying you do not use it you loose it I have been learning. I am still learning all the tricks to using my iphone X Spent three hours yesterday trying to learn hwo to upload photos from my iphone to my Dell PC with no ea vale once I figure out all this videos will be coming Until then keep em flying

Alright altight! LOL You'll figure it out soon enough.