• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I’m going out flying thread 2019

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Before work maiden didn't go quite as planned. Plane flys great and here are my thoughts. Decent power on 3S so can't wait to see it on 4S. Flew slightly nose heavy as I expected for first flight with battery placement. Stalls are nice and gentle. KE had no coupling for me at all. I do think it needs more control throw all around and I will be adjusting my radio to match what I think it needs. Rolls are pretty quick but could be quicker and without more throws in the tail I couldn't get it to do a nice snap like I would like and like I have seen it do in videos. Could also be the forward CG that is affecting it a bit.

Now to the rough part. Bringing it in to land did a couple approaches to feel out the plane and it does need a little speed. Make a nice smooth touchdown but did not see the bigger rock in my path. Rock caught the right gear and basically caused the plane to do a high speed ground loop that when the gear leg bent and folded up the plane then cartwheeled causing the other damage. Will repair the gear at work today and so long as the prop adapter isn't bent then it will fly again soon. I'm thinking though the wheel pants may have to come off in favor of some slightly bigger wheels for when flying off of the grass runway at my club field.
View attachment 110786 View attachment 110787 View attachment 110788 View attachment 110789 View attachment 110790 View attachment 110791
That looks painful maiden flights can be tough. At least it is fixable.

BalsaDust

Flying the UMX timber in the front yard the wife captured this. She was pointing and going WOOOOO WOOOO WOOOOOO

12C9BB7B-45A6-45C6-AAEF-29C74B425787.jpeg
01E176F3-3658-42E3-8B3D-1E14D2BC2C63.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Went flying today luckily I took two planes. The pattern ship Typhoon just would not run got it to run a couple of days ago at home and thought that everything was ok but it was not so it got put back into the car and flew the PRO 260 all day and had a blast. Just hate working on planes at the field if they don’t run back into the car I will figure it out at home.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Had another great Sunday at the field. Lots of flying, fun and friends.

Only pic I remembered the take was of my nifty new sun shade I got from Jeff at RedwingRC. Love this thing. Light weight, sturdy and easy to setup and take down. Only thing is it doesn’t come with any sort of bag or case to store it in. So I’ll have to try and find a large duffel bag or something.

CE422C2D-2E04-4794-895A-6272EEED0335.jpeg