• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I’m going out flying thread 2019

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
At last got out to the field yesterday and it was good weather sunny and not much wind and standing in the sun it was warm got 3 good flights in and then on the third flight landing the springs on the tail wheel failed. That’s ok will fix at home not a big deal will be fixed with in an hour in the shop, the plane is getting old.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Got out to the field Saturday and Sunday got stuck in the mud for a couple hours but at least got a couple flights in Sunday was better got the roller running rolled the field and got a few flights in. Nice to get out of the house and do some flying again.

Yakman

70cc twin V2
I bought a AJ Raven last October. Bought a EME 70 twin for it for Xmas. Took my time putting it together, since us folks up north were caught in like the ice ages. Waited for the snow to melt and warm up. Got plane out to the field and we couldn't get the engine to do more than sputter. After a few days of trying I sent that engine back to Mile High. Well it came back to me with new rings and cylinders and a lot more compression then it had before and starts. Damn good deal for price of shipping. I got 4 flights on it Sunday. On 4th flight i went vertical and wot and I thought Yup i like it.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I bought a AJ Raven last October. Bought a EME 70 twin for it for Xmas. Took my time putting it together, since us folks up north were caught in like the ice ages. Waited for the snow to melt and warm up. Got plane out to the field and we couldn't get the engine to do more than sputter. After a few days of trying I sent that engine back to Mile High. Well it came back to me with new rings and cylinders and a lot more compression then it had before and starts. Damn good deal for price of shipping. I got 4 flights on it Sunday. On 4th flight i went vertical and wot and I thought Yup i like it.
Nice get in the early spring and put on a couple of flights and the plane does well.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp

How do you like the Raven? Which wings? I've heard people say it's a little on the heavier side to other 70cc birds, but it sounds like your performance is nothing short of stellar.

Yakman

70cc twin V2
I have the double taper or i think they are like wings for an Extra. I fly doing a lot of maneuvers with sorts of knife edge and slipping. It does all acrobatic stuff like on rails. Gotta tweak my CG a little, but it close. I don't have a scale, so i don't know the weight of it.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
7235147E-353E-4C0C-B84D-4AF6B5E4CC5A.jpeg Had a date with the 84” TBM and the 73” laser.... boy is she a classy act, yet a complete animal. Had a could spectators swing by, first group was amazed, asked me if I wanted their RC stuff because they don’t have the time. The second group I got to play with a bit.... he he he. Did a dolphin on take off like team EPG video I did. Ha ha ha! Got the one guy to say oh $h!t!! I just laughed. Man that made my day. He thought the plane was doomed.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
View attachment 109773 Had a date with the 84” TBM and the 73” laser.... boy is she a classy act, yet a complete animal. Had a could spectators swing by, first group was amazed, asked me if I wanted their RC stuff because they don’t have the time. The second group I got to play with a bit.... he he he. Did a dolphin on take off like team EPG video I did. Ha ha ha! Got the one guy to say oh $h!t!! I just laughed. Man that made my day. He thought the plane was doomed.

Good times!