Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hughes H-1 radial powered Racers (as seen in the 'Aviator')

Discussion in 'R/C Videos and Pictures' started by dominicm, Jun 21, 2017.

1. As if one Moki radial powered model was not enough. How about two? These are Hughes H-1 Racers as seen in the film 'Aviator' with Leonardo Di Caprio.

2. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Pretty cool. :yesss:

3. Absolutely beautiful! Almost perfect....put a smoker on them with an 80 oz tank and they will be absolutely perfect!!!

I'm thinking very seriously about getting one of them from Blazing Wings when they get it finished... http://blazingwings.com/page37.html
    It'll have an 80 -100 oz smoke tank on it.

r

Attached Files:

pawnshopmike and Jetpainter like this.
  4. WMcNabb

WMcNabb GSN Sponsor Tier 1

TN, USA
    One of my favorite aircraft of all time!

Wacobipe and Jetpainter like this.
  5. Jetpainter

That was such a cool era for airplanes!

Wacobipe and WMcNabb like this.
  6. I agree...with the last two posts...

Attached Files:

• 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      532 KB
      Views:
  7. Jetpainter

Nice!

8. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    Is that plane a Red Lion from AMR. Nice looking plane.

9. Jetpainter likes this.
  10. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    I thought it was one of there planes there are a couple of them around my area do not see them much. Went to a fun fly in Chattum there is gentleman that owns one of them absolutely beautiful done and finished with a big radial in it. Did not see the owner fly the plane but a known hot shot flying it and he did a good job. It well and quite fast.