• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How many years have you been in the hobby?

How long have you been in the hobby?

• Total voters

Bipenut53

150cc
I started in models when I was a kid, late 60's through early to mid 70's all control line stuff because R/C was wayyyy out of my price range. I had a blast with those, my dad taught me how to build and fly them. Made it through high school then service, started a family and about 92 a buddy of mine was flying R/C and I told him he HAD to teach me how to fly. My first plane was an old worn out 40 size stick, pink and white. Learned with the bump and run method. Where I learned to fly was a private airstrip, grass, about 100' wide and 900' long lined on both sides with 120' fir trees, lots of planes gave their lives so I could learn how to fly and get to be a proficient enough pilot. I got my first taste of club flying and I thought wow there is a LOT of room here!! Im kinda glad I learned that way.... well sorta lol.

Dennis