• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How many years have you been in the hobby?

How long have you been in the hobby?

• Total voters

Yakman

70cc twin V2
I started in 1991. My 1st plane to build and learn to fly was a Carl Goldberg Super Chipmunk. My second plane was a Great Planes F15 Eagle with a YS45 with Macs pipe, i still have that one and have a group of other glow planes i fly occasionly. Currently fly mostly my almost matching Yak 54s, a Redwing profile with a 20cc Dle and a Aeroworks 75cc with a 85cc Da. Fly to have fun.....

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I started in 1991. My 1st plane to build and learn to fly was a Carl Goldberg Super Chipmunk. My second plane was a Great Planes F15 Eagle with a YS45 with Macs pipe, i still have that one and have a group of other glow planes i fly occasionly. Currently fly mostly my almost matching Yak 54s, a Redwing profile with a 20cc Dle and a Aeroworks 75cc with a 85cc Da. Fly to have fun.....
Congrats on keeping your planes healthy for so long :)

Yakman

70cc twin V2
No, Futaba trainer cord to a buddy box. But there are quite a few people that train themselves.

dribar

70cc twin V2
40 years here. Started in 4th grade when a couple of snowbirds for the church taught so kids how to fly...

dribar

70cc twin V2
From my memory banks, it was all futaba back then and maybe some heathkit stuff sprinkled in (although I grew up on Futaba). I lived in Ft. Wayne, IN and learned in New Haven. About all I remember is that the training airplane had bright yellow monokote on the wings and there was a wire between radios. Soon after that I build a Airtronics Q-Tee with a single stick futaba three channel.

My Dad was the pastor at a church and these two old guys decided to teach a group of 4th grade boys how to fly. Prior to that my Dad got me into Estes rockets and cox c/l planes so it's been a long rc career. Since then my oldest son (who used to go fly RC with me) flew citations for a while and just joined the A/F last year as a WSO (or something close to that). Now my 2 yr old twins both fly the sim at home.

LOVE my blessed life :)