• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

How many years have you been in the hobby?

How long have you been in the hobby?

• Total voters

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Congrats man. I just made it to my 1yr, wish I woulda started 5 years sooner. I think ive progressed pretty decent in 1yr tho.

Don't get too frustrated... all of the big advancements in electric flying have happened in the last 6 or 7 years. I'd say you got in at just the right time value-wise ;)

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I actually started flying RC in 1971 but had a long period where I sold everything and went full size buying a 200hp Piper Arrow then around 1,100 hrs went to rotor in the National Guard. No more full size and back in RC now 3 years. The hobby has never been better than now.

flypig

30cc
I'm in about 10 years now. Started to dabble in 3D about 5 years ago after reading "How To 3D" articles on the Horizon Hobby site.
Self taught, just before the ARF revolution, but just in time for the easy to repair eps foam one.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Started in the hobby when I was 11, now 28 and still loving it. have tried all sorts from Heli's to Multi's to planes to boat planes to cars to boats and in between, even dabbled in the trains a bit.

Ended up having some major health issues so in the end I focused on my planes as I love them too much

My advise for anyone new to the hobby to starting out is "Fly what you can afford to loose" - this holds true to me since I was young, I see allot of folks going out and spending K's on gear and planes when they havn't even got the basics down pat, only to loose the model in a total loss crash and never to return to the hobby.

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
My dad got "me" my first hobby grade rc truck for my 7th birthday. He crashed it bad before I recieved it lol. Got into rc planes when I was 13. Now im 29 and have pretty much 1 of every type of rc vehicle. Taken a few years off here and there but that happens.

Now I'm getting into large scale planes and 3d flight and I have that kid in a candy store feeling again. I just need to hit the powerball to pay for all the toys I want lol

Last edited by a moderator: