• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help moving an airplane

ryan_m

100cc
unless they lose it. Then you are pretty much out of luck, their insurance is horrible and covers less than 500 bucks if you do manage to make a claim. Or at least it used to, been a while since I have had to deal with them.
Few years back you couldn't track a package either, so you had no idea when it might arrive, or where it was along the way. If the bus gets full they bump the packages off and they sit in a terminal somewhere until a bus with space comes along.

Building a crate out of wood, and shipping by truck works best. I bought a Dalton 300 out of Cali. Came in a crate, nicely built I must say, and it arrived by Roadway truck at their dock. Took about a week, door to door. Arrived with absolutely ZERO damage. Lots of bubble wrap and packing peanuts.

I'm meeting up next week down in Louisville, delivering a crate so that it can house a 40% 3W Extra, and make the venture on truck to Havasu.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
As with everyone's suggestions, they are awesome. I did use Greyhound many years ago. I shipped a number of planes and all arrived unscathed. One in particular, the gentleman said it arrived in better condition than when it left. LOL....guess he was really happy. I could look into it once again and see how much change there has been. That could be an option.