• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help moving an airplane

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Maybe if you move it a little at a time. @SleepyC; is in Cleveland, I'm in west-central NJ.

If we found a few more people along the route it might make for a plan.

ryan_m

100cc
Truck drivers... if you know anybody that drives semi trucks for a living, that can be an option to move it along too.

ryan_m

100cc
Not the trailer, in the cab! Though what you are shipping may be a bit big for that...I had a buddy do a few 50cc planes in the cab with him before.

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
If you get it, that would remove the temptation for me and the wife would appreciate it! When he posted it up, I was ready to hop in the truck and drive down there. 6 hour road trip each way seemed reasonable. Luckily, last week before finals and I need to be in class and studying, not playing with airplanes!

I shipped a 35%er from Indiana to California. My brother shipped a 40%er from California to Indiana via Greyhound. No damage and in reasonable time. Crate was 1x2's covered with heavy duty cardboard from refrigerators. Framework has to be solid with a good amount of stringers and formers. We stapled the cardboard on the frame. Glue was used in some areas. Took the wheels off and used the landing gear axle holes to bolt on the framework. Removable rudder helped with the 40%er and also took the cowl off. The Greyhound site has maximum specs for a box. Shipping was cheap considering other alternatives. Talk to your nearest Greyhound and ask about shipping the crate. My guys were very helpful. Also had a 30%er shipped across the country and some of the cardboard fell off. It was quit a site to see this plane inside the crate. And not a thing was missing or damaged. Did that maybe 10 years back when my Brother was alive. Maybe we were risk takers but we always had good luck. I was retired and he worked so I built planes and shipped them to him. It was fun.