• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help in choosing next plane

Turnerm

50cc
Jim and/or Joe - just looking for your thoughts on which plane to buy next. I had the unfortunate experience of a complete signal loss with my belove 70" Fantasy Blue Slick. I only had about 15 flights on it and was just starting to fall in love. I could repair it if parts were available but since this is a dicontinued product I'm just going to use this as an opportunity to get a new plane.

SO... my question for you is which ~70" plane would you recommend assuming of course that I can only buy one (because that's a fact). I'm considering:

• 71" Slick (I'm very familiar with these airframes and love them and I know I'd love this one but I'm wondering if I should spread my wings a little and try something else)
  • 72" Extra. I absolutely love my 57" Extra. I'm guessing the 72" Extra is just as awesome but bigger and more stable (hard to imagine it being more stable though)
  • 74" Edge. Much of my flying is low and slow with a few high energy tumbles and stuff mixed in. I love doing all sorts of rollers, hovers, harriers, and KE. The pitch authority of this plane makes me give it serious consideration. Plus I'm digging that red scheme.

I guess another consideration is that I've only flown one other Edge and that's the 48" Edge. I'm pretty sure that it can't be compared to the 74" Edge so in essence, I think the 74" Edge would be somethign completely different for me whereas the 72" Extra and the 71" Slick would pretty much be like sliding on an old pair of favorite shoes.

By the way - I just watched one of Joe's 74" Edge videos last night and I think that has pushed the 74" Edge towards the top of my list.

Any help/guidance or new thoughts you guys can provide in helping me select my next plane are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael