• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hello From Oklahoma

Richard Rollins

New to GSN!
Hey Guys, I have been flying helicopters for the last 10 years for a team and will always fly my helis but I bought a 3dhs 87in extra 300 shp last week for a change of pace. I as most guys I know in the hobby start out flying airplanes and try other areas. I have always had a airplane to fly , the only thing now is when I go upside down I always pull the throttle back.. LOL. On a helicopter that is negative pitch , but on a plane its negative power.. OH well I am loving this build , putting a DLE55 pitts muffler, MKS 777 HV all around , All rest futaba , i get a little help there.

Any suggestions on the build would be appreciated. Also I see the manual already wants me to cut down my control arms for Aileron and Elevator puting them on the hinge line? Any word on that one ?

Thanks,
Rick Rollins

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Welcome!

Pulling the throttle back on an airplane is better than a new heli pilot thinking he's pulling the throttle back when he's in trouble and pulling negative pitch instead. That gets expensive!

I started flying heli's awhile back after decades of airplanes. It's been a lot of fun.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Welcome Richard! The 87" Extra is a real hoot to fly.....can be flown precisely on lower rates and flip the switch tohigh rates and it's a 3D machine!

i'd suggest following whatever the manual calls for on the horns. I had 2 of these planes (my first giant scale) and really learned a LOT about flying RC with them.

I used to get out the the southern OK (Ardmore) area quite a lot in my professional days. Haven't been there since 2004 though.