• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hangar 9 Ultra Stick 30cc ARF

Xtreme_Power_RCS

Staff member
How does the RCGF 32 compare to the DLE-30 power wise?

The RCGF is 3.9 hp i believe and the DLE 30 comes in at 3.7. The weight difference isnt much either, the RCGF weighs 2lbs and the DLE 30 weighs 2.4 lbs. The price difference is 40-50 bucks between the 2 and i have flown both and there seems to be a little more pull out of the RCGF, but not a HUGE difference, so bang for your buck, RCGF is the route id go. 40-50 bucks difference for dang near the same power in a cheaper form.

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
I am pretty sour on DLE's. I have been helping a friend with his DLE-35. We have lapped the reed block and gasket surfaces, Bowman ring, new carb, ignition box, new Hall sensor, and it runs, but will not hand start, cold or hot. The DLE-30 I had on the previous UStick need a ignition and a carb before it would run at all. The cost of these items, more than offset the initial price delta.

Xtreme_Power_RCS

Staff member
I am pretty sour on DLE's. I have been helping a friend with his DLE-35. We have lapped the reed block and gasket surfaces, Bowman ring, new carb, ignition box, new Hall sensor, and it runs, but will not hand start, cold or hot. The DLE-30 I had on the previous UStick need a ignition and a carb before it would run at all. The cost of these items, more than offset the initial price delta.
I have dle30 on a ef extra 300 and it has i bet 200 flights on it and havnt had any major issuse yet, BUT, yes, here is every modellers feard word, BUT, every time i got to the field and have to start my plane, it takes me a while to get it going, its that first intital start. After it buts off, i can flip it one time and itll start every time for that day. Here is what happens, you can flip and flip and flip it and nothing, but i found that i can pull the plug, and put it back in, and thats when it will bust off. That has been my only issue with the DLE. Now on RCGF, you have to be real carefull which you buy, because there are alotta knock offs online and its hard to tell the diffrence, trust who your buying from. I know that hobby king has some that are knock offs.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
What engine or motor are people considering?

I had a Rimfire 160 on 12S in my 120 Lite and it was a BLAST ! ! ! If I were to get on, I'd put a 3W28 on the firewall. My flying Buddy had one on his old heavy Ultrastick 120 and it would hover at less than 1/2 throttle. . . . . :big_yes:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey @ghoffman,

If we were talking about the 30cc AMR Stick, I'd agree with you about using a DA50, but I'm sure this Hangar 9 Stick weighs about half of what the AMR does. With that being said, if you can get the plane to balance with the DA, I say go for it. . . . . :yesss:

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
Well, this does weigh 2 pounds more than the US 120 Lite that I had the DLE-30 on. And with rear mounted servos, it should balance. I was thinking of the VVRC 40 twin, but the DA-50 is basically the same weight.