Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GSN Purchased by New Owner

Discussion in 'GSN Web Site News' started by Bartman, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

It's not easy to walk away from something...
    that you've put so much time and effort into. A lot of you understood that and offered your support for GSN in emails last night which is very much appreciated.

And so it came as a huge surprise shortly after our announcement last night to receive an email from Paul Gentile, owner of 3DX Hobbies and President of the very flying club that I belong to asking if I'd sell GSN to him! YES! I didn't even know he's a member at the site as he never posts and I don't bring up the site at club meetings!

Paul's been flying RC planes since the 80's and he's also the former owner ofCNCzone.com so he knows the forums business very well. Best of all, he's close by and welcomes my assistance so I've asked to stay on as a moderator.

Paul is taking ownership of everything associated with the site effectively immediately. We'll be working on the transition over the next couple of weeks but it's a done deal;

GIANTSCALENEWS.COM ISN'T GOING AWAY

AND I'M VERY HAPPY TO SAY THANK YOU TO PAUL FOR STEPPING UP. As he put it last night, "I'd hate to see it go away."

I'm very sorry for the 24 hours of drama I've put you through, I hope you can forgive me and carry on with us at GSN, it's going to be great!

Regards,
    Bart Cocchiola

js-rc, thurmma and pawnshopmike like this.
  2. Bartman

I can't tell you guys what a relief it is to see a buyer step up so quickly and again I'm very sorry for the drama.

3. why_fly_high

why_fly_high 50cc

Bart,

NO ONE can blame you for putting your "real job" and family first. I am not terribly active on this forum but enjoy it when I come by. You don't know what you got till its gone. It will encourage me to spend more time here. Thanks for the effort and money spent on putting this together for all of us.

Dan

js-rc, ChickenBalls, thurmma and 3 others like this.
  4. I guess we all can appreciate your position and a big thank you to Paul for stepping up to take over the mantle of GSN.

5. ChickenBalls

ChickenBalls "Cool Guy"

Yes HUGE THANK YOU to Paul

Few requests Please don't let aerobrick be a vendor here.
    Keep the same friendly family non drama atmosphere
    KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL those damn alerts:msn_slap::yesss::lol2:

6. Big thank you to @njdroneschool for stepping and saving the site! :woohoo!:

js-rc, ChickenBalls and JAG like this.
  7. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    Well Paul thank you for taking over GSN it is a place that I enjoy and have been very welcome by all the people. And what a nice se prize that you will be staying with us @Bartman thanks for that.

thurmma and pawnshopmike like this.
  8. Pistolera

Pistolera HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

+100000000000000000

9. Bartman

I demanded Paul change his username as a condition of the purchase so he won't be here as NJdroneschool anymore, it will now be @GSNadmin
    I almost **** when I saw that username! lol

thurmma, Flyingjon, Wacobipe and 3 others like this.
  10. AKNick

AKNick 100cc

Alaska
    :fist_pump:

pawnshopmike likes this.