• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Group Build, 20cc Profile ARF, Who's In?

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
that's a good idea @pawnshopmike

20cc dle engine is mandatory, everything else is on the builder. profiles preferred, no extra points for being a smarty pants and building something more (Terry! and Chris!)

the wing and tail have to come from a known design and be traceable back to that design
the fuselage and vertical stab has to be any monowing prop fighter class warbird of any vintage....or is that too restrictive?

pawnshopmike

Staff member
that's a good idea @pawnshopmike

20cc dle engine is mandatory, everything else is on the builder. profiles preferred, no extra points for being a smarty pants and building something more (Terry! and Chris!)

the wing and tail have to come from a known design and be traceable back to that design
the fuselage and vertical stab has to be any monowing prop fighter class warbird of any vintage....or is that too restrictive?
I was thinking a bit more relaxed. Too many rules kinda zaps the fun factor no?

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
i get what you guys are saying but from the contests i've run i've also seen where a lack of rules gets everyone pissed off because they all feel like other didn't do it right.....it gets crazy, trust me.

can we at least say production wings and tail, slab fuselage, and DLE 20?

or maybe Terry can draw up a nice set of wings and tail kits that we can all use and we'll have to scrounge for the materials to do the fuselage?

maybe @cbarnes0061 can do a nice thread about slab fuselage design so anyone doing their first slap will at least have an idea as to how to make it strong enough?

it would be really good if we had a lot of new faces throw their hat in the ring to make this a fun contest. a few rules to keep everyone on the same basic track would help to make the results closer for better judging also, imho.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
also, are you guys good with warbird fuselage & vertical stab with acro wings and tail? or is that a bad idea too? :)