• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Giant Scale RC Why do this? Seriously??

Vital-Rc

50cc
I asked myself the samething 2 years ago , stopped flying as much and went to full scale . Now I am more broke and still asking the same question.

thurmma

150cc
For me it is therapy and a release from the stress of work. I have 2 planes, 35% Extra 330SC that I got dirt cheap and had electronics and engine from another plane I got dirt cheap. The second is a 42% Edge 540. The airframe was bought new after a mishap with an airframe that I got for a song that was basically ready to fly. I got lucky and the engine and electronics were all ok, but the airframe was a total loss.

Life has changed around my house, so if anything happens to either one of the planes, it could be a while before I replaced it, but I would replace it eventually. It is just to much fun and a whole lot cheaper than partying and other hobbies I have had :)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
We all need something in our lives to help us to feel complete. For me, it was my son and my two little girls. They are now raised and leading really great and successful lives of their own. Now, without my total first love, (flying) I know I would be completely lost. Having something to believe in and to push me harder to succeed at has helped maintain that balance now the kids are grown. Passion, addiction, obsession or just plain consumed...any way you stack it, I think (we) do this for the love of it all.