• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Giant scale pilots

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Giant scale pilots are very difficult to find if not impossible. I have recently became in need of a 28" figure and finally found a 28" Barbee doll, don't go nut's here. It is going into a plane a woman flew, those that know me know it is the Red Eagle Pitts. So after a lot of searching and finally getting a figure now I can not seem to find a descent jumpsuit and may end up having to pay out the nose to have someone make one. With as much giant scale as there is out there one would think somewhere someone would be making these things. Best Pilots did make me a head but it came out to small and too heavy, oh well.
If anyone has a wife, husband, friend, neighbor, etc. that sews I would be happy to pay a reasonable cost for a simple, plain, jumpsuit in green, like in the pic..

Attachments

• 011 - Copy.JPG
    011 - Copy.JPG
    361.5 KB · Views: 995

Xtreme_Power_RCS

Staff member
IMG_0265.JPG
IMG_0265.JPG
IMG_0265.JPG
Giant scale pilots are very difficult to find if not impossible. I have recently became in need of a 28" figure and finally found a 28" Barbee doll, don't go nut's here. It is going into a plane a woman flew, those that know me know it is the Red Eagle Pitts. So after a lot of searching and finally getting a figure now I can not seem to find a descent jumpsuit and may end up having to pay out the nose to have someone make one. With as much giant scale as there is out there one would think somewhere someone would be making these things. Best Pilots did make me a head but it came out to small and too heavy, oh well.
If anyone has a wife, husband, friend, neighbor, etc. that sews I would be happy to pay a reasonable cost for a simple, plain, jumpsuit in green, like in the pic..
Had one custom made for my shop!

Xtreme_Power_RCS

Staff member
There put of Russia. They make them to spec. Let me try to remember the company, I don't off the top of my head. They put my logo on the shirt pocket and on both sleeves and has a hat with my logo on it to

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I will check that link out shortly, I would like somewhere to get one. Being as I only have a month to get ready for the event I am going to leave Barbee as is. It actually don't look bad and all that the rules state is it has to have a pilot. So, does it matter if it is a she and she is wearing a dress? I am working on a harness to hold it in place, per FS, then I will make a pink visor and maybe a set of cool shades. I need to wrap it up, make sure all components are good, and start flying it some.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I think she'll do just fine, still have to affix her hand to the stick. And a few other small items to do, give it a good cleaning then some polish, and I'll be ready for TG.

Attachments

• P1080536 - Copy.JPG
    P1080536 - Copy.JPG
    380.2 KB · Views: 419
  • P1080537 - Copy.JPG
    P1080537 - Copy.JPG
    387.7 KB · Views: 427

pilotdb09

New to GSN!

pilotdb09

New to GSN!
I was able to get a giant pilot from "Wendy's Perfect Pilots" in the UK. He was customized to my specs, included a ball cap (with name), a headset and belt and shoulder harness, also sun glasses!
I found her on the internet.
Good luck.