• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Getting back into it.

Hey all,

I am just getting back to flying after a year or two off and am kinda teriffied to fly the planes lol. I am just going through and checking them over right now. Let me know if there are things to look out for since they have been stinning for awhile. Thanks and have fun flying.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Welcome back Mudball

just for starters, look over your batteries and make sure they're even useable before taking them flying.
check controls for freedom of movement and for security of fasteners and connections. Check plastic parts to make sure they haven't become brittle and will easily crack.
replace fuel lines, possibly also replace the plug that seals your fuel tank
double check failsafe settings so if you do lose the radio connection with the plane it won't go flying off into the distance at full throttle (mine are set up to go to idle or engine cut-off and circle or spin down to what I hope will be a controlled crash not far from where I'm located)
check attach points for wings and stuff to make sure nothing is cracked or damaged

fuel in carbs can cause things to clog or gum up, consider a good cleaning if you try to run them and they aren't running smoothly or consistently

that's a start, i'm sure you'll get more/better suggestions and welcome to GiantScaleNews.com, glad you've decided to join us!
Bart

One big thing, if at all, to do, is, if you would only do one thing, remove the fuel tank, and replace the fuel line going to the clunk from the stopper.

Hate for you to get inverted and get a dead stick.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
also, if you haven't flown for a while and don't have something small to start with, consider a local club to help with the first few flights. it'll come back really quickly but would hate to see you lose a good plane to being new again.

have fun, let us know how it all goes!