• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Futaba 2.4GHz FASSTest Dual Battery Receiver

SleepyC

150cc
Futaba 2.4GHz FASSTest Dual Battery Receiver

1.png

Exceptional performance — for extra peace of mind

Because it can be connected to large capacity batteries,
the R7018SB can keep aircraft flying safely if one battery’s voltage levels drop. The R7018SB is a fully dedicated 18-channel receiver with FASST and FASSTest protocols and SBus, SBus2 and High Voltage features. It includes both standard and SBus output ports, plus an extra voltage port for a model’s separate power system, and also allows for a wide array of Futaba telemetry sensors to be utilized.

SPECIFICATIONS:
Dimensions: 2.15 x 1.59 x 0.64 in (54.6 x 40.4 x 16.3 mm)
Weight: 1.48 oz (42 g)

Available: Now: $249.99

Lojik

70cc twin V2
I'm in two minds about this, one I really like the idea of a dual redundancy powered RX, but two I'd rather use (for large aircraft) a dedicated power distribution system like booma's powerbus or Powerbox / Smartfly which would make this Rx kinda redundant right?

I guess for 50-100cc just using this might be a great option instead of faking out a couple hundred on a distribution system and another couple on a Rx

Judge

70cc twin V2
For me this receiver provides me everything I want, and that is a robust power delivery using 2 packs directly into the RX. I have never been a fan of either dual receivers or all these others devices that people have convinced themselves are required to fly a big plane. For me I see those as providing more complexity, failures points, higher weight, and greater cost with no clear benefit.

Perfect example. I bought a 38% Extra (DA150) that had a power distribution deal in it. Flew it for about a month like that. Pulled that out went with 2 packs, 2 switches into a single RX and never saw any difference at all. But I saved a bunch of weight.

As I have said many times, these power distribution devices are a very eloquent solution for a nonexistent problem. But if they make you feel good, then go ahead and use them, but I will never be coninvced that they are required or improve performance in any way.