• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Flyzone L-39: the 90+ mph “no-sweat” jet!

SleepyC

150cc
Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 3.00.11 PM.png

Not "Giant Scale" but certainly BAD ASS!

Flyzone L-39: the 90+ mph “no-sweat” jet!

A high-speed pass “on the deck” is a thrill that most modelers would enjoy — and the Flyzone L-39 EDF jet offers them a fast, easy way to do just that. Power for that kind of airspeed comes from a proven performance combo: an ElectriFly HyperFlowTM ducted fan unit driven by an AmmoTM brushless inrunner motor. L-39 ducting was optimized to make the most of it, producing cleaner airflow and with it, stronger takeoffs and higher speeds. Another plus: the L-39’s ability to handle 4S LiPo packs. And as the L-39 proves, more voltage and more!!

Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 3.00.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 3.00.47 PM.png

Includes:

■ Finished AeroCell airframe
■ Redesigned and optimized ducting
■ Factory-installed servos, 35A ESC, ElectriFly

56 mm HyperFlow ducted fan unit and Ammo 24-45-3790 inrunner brushless motor

performance go hand in hand. With 90+ mph (145 km/h) speeds just a fingertip away, flying the L-39 requires the skills and watchfulness of an experienced pilot. However, assembly is so simple that even a beginner could do it.

The airframe is molded from factory-finished AeroCell foam, requiring minimal assembly. The brushless power system, servos and hardware are installed. Once the modeler adds a receiver and a charged 4S pack, the L-39 is primed and ready for its first flight.

Wingspan: 25 in (635 mm)
Wing Area: 141 in2 (9.1dm2)
Weight Range: 24-25 oz (680-710 g)
Wing Loading: 24.5-25.5 oz/ft2 (75-78 g/dm2)
Length: 31 in (780 mm)Requires: 4-channel radio with micro receiver & 4S 2200mAh LiPo battery pack

Available: Mid March
Flyzone L-39 Brushless EDF Rx-R . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$179.99

It does look pretty sweet. Wish it flew on 4000s. I have a bundle of them not doing anything. I flew them in my Vipet Jet on 8S, when it wad on 8S.

JBenson

50cc
Here is a video of one of these that I built while flying on the Hoffman Magnetics team. We had these on radar in the mid 130's with 4 of us flying in close formation. I still have a couple of these motors and fans laying around. I might have to build another. We did quite a bit of carbon work to stiffen up the surfaces to eliminate flutter. Tons of fun on a 4S 2250.

JB