• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Can you guys tell me the latest on the larger 60cc size planes, I think they are like 93". When are they coming out and what models?

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2
From having no EF planes, I recently bought a 48" Edge and 60" Edge... Can't wait to build them amidst work and family commitments. These birds would be a nice addition to a hangar comprising a 48" orange edge, 57" Extra 330SC, katana mini and md... May sell off the mini now that i realise big fliies much much better.

What's the take on 6s batts for the 60"? I understand most run on 3300 mAh. In terms of weight, can i say a batt between 500-600g would be good for 3d on the 60"?

I'm flying 6s 3850 on my 60" Extra EXP, and it's still really floaty. 3300 is what recommended, but I fly really hard and need the additional capacity. The plane doesn't seem to notice the weight at all.

hone

150cc
Can you guys tell me the latest on the larger 60cc size planes, I think they are like 93". When are they coming out and what models?

The only big planes i know they are working on are the 88'' Yak V2 and 91'' Extra but i don't know about any details

hone

150cc
Yea maybe it was the 91", any details on it?

I did some hunting and someone said this "The 91" Extra is another sweet machine and we flew it on a DA-60, KS-1060 pipe, and a Mej 24-10TH prop. Performance is awesome on that setup! They should be available by the end of the summer."

Some other folks were saying it would be out more like Christmas or early next year, either way i should start saving up if i want one of those. I think the 60 Extra and MXS can hold me over for a while :D

View attachment 168 View attachment 169

zmonster97

Just curious why this thread and other brand owners threads are in chit chat? Why aren't they under their corresponding names in the airplanes section? I thought we were only going to have 1 off topic thread for ALL 3d planes.

gyro

GSN Contributor
You're right! For plane specific stuff, it should be in the manufacturer threads. I'll make the adjustments.