• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Anyone see this video yet? Just thought I would post another killer Jase Dussia vid!

[video=youtube;4Z1L3Lzf7vo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z1L3Lzf7vo[/video]
I watched the whole thing via chromecast on the big screen last night with my son. We just loved it. Jase has serious skill and serious balls :D

Got some video of mine today as a trial with the soloshot 2. Still need some work on the camera setup and the flight was about testing the setup so no crazy flying.

[video=youtube;OY_OnDO4SzQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY_OnDO4SzQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

SnowDog

that looks pretty decent Matt...I read a review of the SoloShot2 after watching this clip and it seems to have some real promise...keep us posted on this thing!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
So does the soloshot work by tracking a transmitter in the plane? How does it work? I posted the soloshot promo video a while back but it really didn't explain how it tracks.

It uses a GPS tag. GPS altitude sucks (I have been using GPS in airplanes for almost 20 years). Just the nature of the system as it was designed for lat/long to plant ordinance. I think I did not do good enough of job getting the system calibrated as it is a PIA. SleepyC did a decent video on it over on GSN, but he flew a quad and did not push the system at all. I might try it next in my Valiant which will be easier to track and has more space in it. Also I need to make a rig so that I don't block the top of the unit.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Someone ought to come up with a system that does not use GPS for its frame of reference. It will be interesting to see how it works out when you have a chance to tune the setup better, but GPS has an inherent drawback that is the latency and accuracy of the information from the satellites. It would be much more effective to have two or more transmitters on the ground that you set out (perhaps using gps for location) and then have the unit in the plane transmit based on its proximity to those base stations. The result would be a much more accurate (sub-centimeter compared to a meter or more) and timely transmission of where the plane is located. Of course, the cost would go up probably to the point where the average Joe can't afford it.

It uses a GPS tag. GPS altitude sucks (I have been using GPS in airplanes for almost 20 years). Just the nature of the system as it was designed for lat/long to plant ordinance. I think I did not do good enough of job getting the system calibrated as it is a PIA. SleepyC did a decent video on it over on GSN, but he flew a quad and did not push the system at all. I might try it next in my Valiant which will be easier to track and has more space in it. Also I need to make a rig so that I don't block the top of the unit.

I have a DA50 looking for a home and this plane looks promising. I will have to use a pitts muffler to pass my club's noise rules. Do you expect that I will be excessively nose heavy?