• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Expanding "Local Action", Deleting "Groups".....Comments?

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Hi everyone,

I'd like to offer everyone the opportunity to have a dedicated sub-forum in the "Local Action" area of the site for your clubs to meet up, post pics, whatever. It'll be just like the rest of the website and so will have all of the functionality that the rest of the site has.

With this I'd also like to delete the "Groups" area. Some of you set up groups but I'm wondering if anyone is still using them.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Bart

BalsaDust

Sounds like it would work for me. I'm a member of a group but don't think anything has ever been posted there.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Was just looking through the Groups area of the site, there doesn't seem to be much activity there but I'd hate to delete that feature if there are active users that I'm unaware of.
Last call, anyone using the Groups feature that would be pissed if it went away?

Thanks,
Bart

thurmma

150cc
I joined one group at the very beginning and nothing ever really came about. I enjoy the forums, so I say let it go and move on :) Thank you for asking.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
that's what I figured. i remember some people saying that their non-AMA regional groups would like to use the groups for keeping in touch and coordinating flying days but it doesn't look like there's been any activity in there for a while.

I'll clean it all up tomorrow when I'm back in the office and will post a new thread about making requests for specific sub-forums.

Thanks for the feedback