• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

EF 104 Extra vs AJ Slick 104

I have an EF 104 extra which as you all know is an awesome plane! The AJ 1o4 slick I believe is another great plane but I haven't flown one. So I was thinking it's time to get a slick as well :) But before I take the plunge I wanted to get opinions from guys who have flown both the EF extra as well as the slick. So plz tell me how similar or different you find these two. Thanks!

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I have both. I think I like the extra better...seems to track better and to me is more violent for tumbles, crankshafts, etc and feels better for a more all around plane. The slick is still a good flying plane and I think has better slow speed characteristics and knife edges better. Its kind of a love hate relationship, when I fly my extra I think about selling my slick but then when I fly it I'm like there's no way in hell I'm gonna get rid of it. Hope that helps, if you have the chance to get a slick I still wouldn't hesitate and wouldn't regret it either.

I've flown both. Flew the extra more at a contest in 2012 when there was an accident with my Aeroworks 300. I liked it a lot. Flew the slick 104 at a flyin. Granted I had more time on the extra between rounds getting it setup to my liking. Overall I liked the tracking of the extra better, and the way it was so nimble for 3D. The slick I had 2 flights on vs 7. It 3ds well but it was not suited for my style which is more on the precision side of flying and freestyle. It all depends on what you want to do.

nebwake

70cc twin V2
Slicks are great but a little different than the extra. It could have been setup, but I thought the slick tracked a bit better than my EF did. The slick felt more floaty and better for low, slow 3D. I found my EF better for high energy 3D though. The slicks are all my favorite planes out there, plus I think they look better :) only downside is they are made by 3DHS...