• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Dle 35ra

afrye1

30cc
im having trouble with my dle 35ra, it starts and runs great for first flight, then after it is warm it will not start. The lines are clean, and the carb screen is clear. Im lost . please help

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
im having trouble with my dle 35ra, it starts and runs great for first flight, then after it is warm it will not start. The lines are clean, and the carb screen is clear. Im lost . please help

Are you choking it? I have to choke to prime on every start.

SnowDog

maybe there is something going on with your ignition module...do you or a buddy have a spare ignition you can borrow to test?
(maybe the ignition module is overheating??)

afrye1

30cc
The only thing is that I flew the plane for about 15 flights prior to this happening I was able to run it and restarted without an issue. On that note no I don't have a friend with an extra ignition module

3dNater

I think it is more likely a tuning issue. It sounds like a new engine, is that right? I had to adjust my needles several times as the motor broke in. Your motor should actually run a little rough until it warms up and then run better. My thought is that your motor is probably lean. It would be good to know if it is getting excessively hot as you fly.

I know this is an older thread but I have the same problem. New engine with 15 flights (finishing the first gallon). No real problems starting the engine until recently and now when I get it to start I cannot get it past the transition and then dies. I did lean it out a little and plan on setting it back close to original setting. Guy at the field I fly at said the DLE spark plugs are not so good.

3dNater

Check your plug, it is likely fouled after a gallon on a rich oil mixture. Ngk cm-6 is the best replacement plug. Gap it with an exacto blade.

Thanks Nate - I re-set the low needle back close to factory tonight and fired it up on my drive way. Ran good and tested shutting it down and re-starting and it seems good. I have a NGK plug waiting in the wings. Guy at my field gave it to me even after he pancaked his 60cc Pilot Extra when his engine quit on maiden.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I just changed the dle plugs out to ngk cm6's in my dle 111. I wanted to see how long they would last. Well 30 flights have passed and they were doing great. I had the cowl off to install smoke so I went ahead and changed them out. I am very pleased with the performance I got for them.

Glad you got her fired back up!