• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLE 120 Please Help!!!!

Pbilt024

70cc twin V2
Today I was maidening a 100cc edge with a new DLE 120 on it. It ran up good on the ground, 6100 RPM with a flacon 29x9 prop. First flight, it flew great for 5 minutes, then it died. After landing, it would not restart. We changed plugs, looked at the reeds, made sure it had a spark, etc. The weird part is, you can choke it till there is gas pouring out of the carb and continue flipping and the plugs will be dry as a bone. At no point was I able to get any fuel into the engine from the carb. The reeds opened and sealed up as they should with no cracks in them. Has anyone ran into anything like this before, because even our local engine guru is stumped on this one?

Pbilt024

70cc twin V2
We've turned needles out in 1/16 turn increments till they were each 2 turns out past DLE recommendations and that hasn't helped either. Plugs still dry..... From the responses I'm getting on some of the other forums, everyone thinks I have an air leak in the crankcase somewhere, not letting the engine suck the gas up into it. . I really feel this must be the problem also.

gyro

GSN Contributor
We've turned needles out in 1/16 turn increments till they were each 2 turns out past DLE recommendations and that hasn't helped either. Plugs still dry..... From the responses I'm getting on some of the other forums, everyone thinks I have an air leak in the crankcase somewhere, not letting the engine suck the gas up into it. . I really feel this must be the problem also.

I'd return it to the vendor you bought it from, and get them to run it and return it to you.

Pbilt024

70cc twin V2
How is the fuel dot. I had one that had a little slit and let air in

Its good, changed ignition also to a new one, changed out IBEC to a fresh 6v nimh, timing was approx. 33 degrees, etc etc etc. Backfired yesterday and bit me, so the rest of the day was spent in the ER! Wear a glove! Lesson learned!!!!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Its good, changed ignition also to a new one, changed out IBEC to a fresh 6v nimh, timing was approx. 33 degrees, etc etc etc. Backfired yesterday and bit me, so the rest of the day was spent in the ER! Wear a glove! Lesson learned!!!!

Oh no! Hope you are ok!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp

How's the hand?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Not bad, 4 stitches, very little pain. Healing nicely

Good to hear! I'm hoping that someday the electric starters that are mounted to the engine will be light enough and economical to actually use in 3d planes but until then I have ten to loose! LOL