• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Curtiss XP-55 Ascender

Doc

50cc
Nutz!! I agree, give it a rest and look at it after the shock has worn off.
Merry Christmas Larry.
Doc

Larry B

70cc twin V2
Thank you guys, there is no shock, I am getting used to crashing this thing. I am having serious second thoughts about the project and I realized from the start that it might not work out so I am not really upset by the crash.
I may have over looked one huge rule of the canard world, all the front flying surfaces are fixed with a hinged elevator. This allows the canard to have a fixed angle of incidence compared to the wing. With this "fixed" configuration the canard will stall before the wing allowing the nose to drop and make a recovery. What I have done with the full flying canard is to throw all this out the window, when down elevator is applied I am in effect making the canard have LESS incidence than the wing which in turn allowed the wing to stall while I was applying down elevator to try and get the nose down. I think the full flying canard may be a dead end for a safe flying model because of this, allowing the wing to go into a deep stall condition with the canard still in effect flying because down elevator is applied will always lead to disaster.
But I do enjoy the challenge!

Maybe I should just go back to one of these:
images.jpg

You all have a Merry Christmas also!!

Doc

50cc
Does the saying "Out of the frying pan and into the fire" mean anything to you??? Hmmmmm
Cool factor of 10 but.........MOTS (more of the same)
Doc