• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Help! Connecting a Castle BEC Pro and Hitec SPC with Anderson Powerpole Connectors

I'm getting ready to build a 58" 3DHS Edge 540 and have a question on how I should connect everything. I'm going to run an ICE 75 with a Castle BEC Pro and would still like to use the Hitec SPC voltage indicator. I don't think it would be wise to crimp all these wires into a 45amp PP connectors because it would be too large of a bundle. I could use the 75amp PP connectors but I think they're too big for this size plane. So my idea is to make a "Y" harness to connect everything with 45amp PP connectors. Before I do that I wanted to see what other people have done. It would be great to get pictures of similar setups.

Thanks in advance.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm getting ready to build a 58" 3DHS Edge 540 and have a question on how I should connect everything. I'm going to run an ICE 75 with a Castle BEC Pro and would still like to use the Hitec SPC voltage indicator. I don't think it would be wise to crimp all these wires into a 45amp PP connectors because it would be too large of a bundle. I could use the 75amp PP connectors but I think they're too big for this size plane. So my idea is to make a "Y" harness to connect everything with 45amp PP connectors. Before I do that I wanted to see what other people have done. It would be great to get pictures of similar setups.

Thanks in advance.

I'll try to get a pic soon, but I generally add an extension to the ESC wires. I solder one end of the extension to the connectors. I take the other end, strip some insulation, and push the open copper onto the corresponding and identically prepped ESC wires. I then twist slightly to get everything tight, and the add plenty of solder. When done, I just solder the additional wires (BEC PRO, Voltatge monitoring wires for my telemetry, etc) at that union, and then cover it all with nice shrink wrap.

-G

gyro

GSN Contributor
Solder both big wires together, than solder little wires on top. Make sure shrink tube is on one side first :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349928404.894251.jpg

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
yeah....i ran the 75a pp on my 104 slick, they are huge. really too big to mess with on anything smaller than a 25%er.

@ Gyro. I have read somewhere that you are not supposed to lengthen/shorten ESC wires because it could damage the ESC. Obviously you are doing it and it seems to be working for you. Is this a myth that you can dispell for me?