• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

News Coming to Illinois! Welcome GSN

Xtreme_Power_RCS

Staff member
Daniel "Lo-2tha-MAX" here,

Just wanted everyone to know Im heading up to Illinois here pretty soon for work! Looking for some guys who fly out around Gilman Illinois. I lived in Gilman once before and i flew in Kankakee and I went to a few spots around the area as well as in Champaign. Any of you guys fly around there? Would like to have a group of guys to fly with! Also, would like to know about the events that will be going on from swap meets to big birds all the way to indoor flying, and get some good coverage!

Really excited about coming back up there and meeting all my old flying buddys and friends aswell as meeting new friends aswell!
So if anyone is out there and will Welcome GSN, Let me know!

Thanks for your time :)
Happy Flying to you all,
Daniel Lomax
Lo-2 tha-MAX

GSN-LOGO-4DEC2015_350x150.png
menb.jpg

Xtreme_Power_RCS

Staff member
I fly at Mid West Airwing in Pontoon Beach. We've got around 120 members and growing. In the picture the grass looks bad because they had just used weed killer the week before. It's an L shaped field with a Geotex strip on the East West runway.

There are some good clubs in the St. Louis area. The Rolla event that @Decal Dennis and @pawnshopmike are a part of is a good one!

View attachment 90062

Ill have to look into that! Thats a pretty dang nice field. Pretty active members ?

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I fly at Mid West Airwing in Pontoon Beach. We've got around 120 members and growing. In the picture the grass looks bad because they had just used weed killer the week before. It's an L shaped field with a Geotex strip on the East West runway.

There are some good clubs in the St. Louis area. The Rolla event that @Decal Dennis and @pawnshopmike are a part of is a good one!

View attachment 90062
Yup. Midwest Air Wing is an awesome place to fly. Wish I had more free time so I could make it up there more often. Great field with plenty of room, lots of a/c power, two runways, shade for the hot days, clubhouse for the cold days and a great group of guys to fly with. What more could you ask for?!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Yup. Midwest Air Wing is an awesome place to fly. Wish I had more free time so I could make it up there more often. Great field with plenty of room, lots of a/c power, two runways, shade for the hot days, clubhouse for the cold days and a great group of guys to fly with. What more could you ask for?!
Yeah, having power at almost all of the tables will spoil you.:yesss: