• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Columbus Big Birds 2016

It's closing in on July, and figured that I would make up a thread about our fly in.

July 15-17. Darby Dan Airport, in Galloway, OH. Yep! You read right. Airport! Catered food all 3 days from Sugar Lumps. They usually have damn good brisket, pulled pork, beans and other fixin's.

3 whole days of flying. Lift off usually happens just after 9a on Sat/Sun and around 11a on Friday. We are gonna be doing things a little different this year. We will not be having any raffle/door prizes this year. We ask that all pilots donate a minimum of $10 for a "landing fee".

Us, as a club, do not take in any money and put it into a treasury account. It all goes to our land owner, for allowing us to fly there for the past 8 years!

This is a great fly in and if you are within a 10-12 hr drive, bring it on! We'd love to have you fly with us for a weekend.

Last edited:

sweetpea

100cc
I'm still trying to make it. Right now I'm down a plane as my Edge wouldn't start.....but I hope to have fixed it by mid week.

sweetpea

100cc
I'm still trying to make it. Right now I'm down a plane as my Edge wouldn't start.....but I hope to have fixed it by mid week.

After talking with AI....I'm sending in both my 3W106's for some work. 1 is precautionary as I might have a slipped hub/sheared key. The other is the Edge engine which still wouldn't start and I've been trouble shooting to no avail.