• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Clamp Locs ???

Wacobipe

100cc
AEROSHELDON;6131 wrote: Psycho man, the Aztech are not the same.... these are no wimpy foam keepers, they are HEAVY DUTY but light, and you glue them down.

I can't comment on. The Clamp-locks as I have never used them. I can comment on the Secraft ones (from Aztech link above). They are sticky foam backed ( which is crap and fails immediately). However, if you glue them down instead of depending on the sticky foam they are fantastic! They clamp and unclamp easily, are very secure, and appear that they will last the life of the plane...I love them.

Wacobipe

100cc
Here's a pic of a few of them installed in my 26% Pitts M12.

6287=2447-image.jpg
6287=2447-image.jpg

AEROSHELDON

70cc twin V2
I use those too, I got a pile of them. I use the 3M tape and just tape them down because you are correct--the tape on them fails quite quickly.

siko_flyer

70cc twin V2
AEROSHELDON;6303 wrote: I use those too, I got a pile of them. I use the 3M tape and just tape them down because you are correct--the tape on them fails quite quickly.

I agree about the sticky not holding,I ca them,never had one come loose.

siko_flyer;6333 wrote: I agree about the sticky not holding,I ca them,never had one come loose.

Guys,

Contact Crane Technologies in Westlake CA. One of my dearest friends use to cut them out for me but passed away. His son Tracy now runs the company. I am sure if you make large enough request he will start cutting them. Buy them directly through them. Then you get the real thing not copies that someone knocked off because they didn't have an original idea!!!

Tell him I said to call

AEROSHELDON;6131 wrote: Psycho man, the Aztech are not the same.... these are no wimpy foam keepers, they are HEAVY DUTY but light, and you glue them down.

+1 I have used those and while they do work when re-glued, taped etc.... they aren't (IMO) nearly as good as the ones mentioned above. I've had the Jtec's in different sizes and you really can't beat them. They weigh nothing and are flexible.

7266=2777-DSCN0210.jpg
7266=2777-DSCN0210.jpg

If They become available I'd buy some or if Jtec doesn't want to mess with them maybe we can do a group buy?