• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Christmas!

Hello guys!

So Christmas is RIGHT around the corner and we all know what that means! Woohoo new toys!!!

Here's what I propose, everyone share their 2012 Holiday experience here and celebrate that we didn't all die on Friday!

Hope everyone has a Very Merry Christmas!:banana:

Thanks
Brian

njswede

150cc
Some Scandinavian Christmas specialties in the NJSwede household:

2012-12-24 15.45.27.jpg

Merry Christmas! I can't wait until my son is old enough, I will be getting him RC planes for Christmas for sure. He is only 3 now. Not too much money left for me for Christmas after 4 kids and a wife ;)

njswede

150cc
Pontus, those specialties look very interesting....what are they? :) I would love to know more about them.

Also, Merry Christmas to all our 3DRCF friends...may God bless you all.

OK, bottom left we have a "gravlax" which is a simple cured salmon. Easiest thing in the world to make: Mix 3 tablespoons of kosher salt, 3 tablespoons of sugar and about 1/2-1 tablespoon of freshly ground pepper. Cover the salmon with the mixture. Make sure all is covered. Chop dill and cover the fish completely in dill. Sprinkle over a couple of tablespoons of vodka. Wrap in plastic, put a weight on it and refrigerate for 24-48 hours. Remove dill and spices. Serve.

Above that is a Jansson's Frestelse (Jansson's Temptation). This is a potato, onion and cream dish spiked with some anchovies. The reason I made two is that American palates don't always appreciate the anchovies, so I made one without it.

Then we have some traditional Swedish meatballs. My moms secret recipe. I convinced her to give it to me a couple of weeks before she passed away. Out of this world.

Next to them in the pan are some ribs brushed in honey and slow cooked. Considered a Swedish recipe, although I'd say it's not far from the honey-glazed ribs you can get here in the US.

I didn't make the pickled herring and honey-glazed ham this year, since nobody eats them. The herring is an acquired taste, but the ham is awesome. It just takes about a day to cook it...