• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Cbarnes 3D Slab Thread

BalsaDust

So since I'm constantly building profiles (slabs) I figured I needed to create a thread just for the slabs I build. I will be updating it with pics of my previous builds and will keep it going with all my new slab builds.

First up on the new build side of things is a Mojo40 from Swanny House. It will be started tomorrow and prolly will have almost all of it framed in one day. List of parts being thrown at it will include OS46ax with macs header and dollar tree can (DTC), 12x4 APC or Xoar prop, Hayes 6oz fuel tank, 1100mAh 2S life battery, hitec HS85 servo for throttle, futaba 6 channel receiver, turnigy 620 digital metal gear servos, and a custom scheme that will be revealed when the time comes. Basically all the gear going on it are coming off of my crashed mojo40 I already have. Stay tuned but for now enjoy a pic of a busted up mojo and some of my others I have pics of on my phone.

BalsaDust

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

BalsaDust

:msn_slap: Cbarnes slap thread?? Ohhh, slab......my mistake! Cool, been seeing some pretty cool work come from you:way_to_go:

LOL thanks bud. When I get more room and money I will get to building more large planes but I do love me a good profile and I tell you what I'm to the point in covering planes that I'm still not the greatest at it but I do a pretty good job and covering has become one of my favorite parts of the building process.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Okay I'm in!!! Only slab I ever had was a .40 sized Gee Bee R2, I think with was the GP one but the guy that built is put the gear in the wing with fairings and pants that were more scale.

The thing looked sweet, and flew okay, but the fuse was awfully weak and would twist a lot and it eventually broke in two.

I did design my own Profile Pitts S-1S, maybe I ought to build it :)