• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Carnage

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
I was taught to stay in the middle of the air and stay away from the edges :)
Tell this to Terry, he likes corn. IMG_0412.JPG

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Always hate adding to this thread :mad:....but a turkey came to roost in my back field on Thanksgiving Day!!! Turns out my 42% Raven is just a bit too big for the flying area here. The left wingtip snagged the very top of a taller tree and yawed it into this one. With a longer ladder and some rope we did manage to get it down without any more damage.

Good news is the fuse was basically undamaged. But both wings, ailerons and one elevator need some repairs. Also, a few servos need some overhauling. I was really lucky it wasn't destroyed.

My "new" winter project :confused:
View attachment 45887

Goes to show "Ravens" will roost in a tree! Now if it were "me" in your shoes, being ravens symbolize death, The plane would have fallen to its destruction just as I would have approached to retrieve it:face-palm:.

As a matter of fact...True story....I had one of my favorite planes do exactly that! ( Acrostar ) Dead stick up high and gliding right into the tree top that was in the way of my recovery approach. As I got close I could tell the plane had little or no damage until I got right up to it to only watch it fall 30 or so feet and bust it up like a 2 dollar suit case :(.

Goes to show "Ravens" will roost in a tree! Now if it were "me" in your shoes, being ravens symbolize death, The plane would have fallen to its destruction just as I would have approached to retrieve it:face-palm:.

As a matter of fact...True story....I had one of my favorite planes do exactly that! ( Acrostar ) Dead stick up high and gliding right into the tree top that was in the way of my recovery approach. As I got close I could tell the plane had little or no damage until I got right up to it to only watch it fall 30 or so feet and bust it up like a 2 dollar suit case :(.
Well I hit the like button only for the humor and irony that this happened to me with a trainor I was flying back in the day. :face-palm:

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

Hah....Yes, i was worried about exactly this as it was mainly hanging only by the prop, with a little support by some small branches. As we set the ladder and I climbed up under it I kept thinking...."This SOB is gonna fall and take me right off this ladder!" Needless to say that didn't happen...thank God! :)