• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Carb & Fuel Flow Question

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
File under "Updates"

The new carb is on and the engine is running but I'm not sure if it's been my technique or the new carb. Previously I was flipping the prop to prime the engine with the choke closed but wasn't flipping it quickly as I am now to ensure the prime charge is being sucked into the cylinder. I'm also using more of an 8-3-1 sequence to get more prime, fewer flips to circulate it and then ignition on to light it off....it's working but there's no low end, it just dies and won't recover on the way down. I'm going to pull the engine again and check to make sure the intake gasket/isolator is not leaking, I might put the old carb back on to see if technique has anything to do with that one not working but I can't keep dicking with this thing and might have to park it for a few months and work on other stuff.

Stay tuned, or don't, it's just me losing my mind over here!

"If" you can keep the engine running a good way to check and see if a gasket and/or heat isolator block is leaking air just spray some WD40 at the suspected area. The engine will sputter and die from being choked out.