• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D CAP 232-ST design / build / prototype

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Uhm.... I'm still waiting for my 100cc cap 232 kit! :)

Sorry, I will build a couple of these some point, but I will not sell "kits" of my designs anymore. After I had nearly 20 people that just HAD to have kits of my Viper and everyone said "put my name on the list, I WANT ONE!" Well, I had a list of just under 20 names so I'm a man of my word and I got coordinated to sell kits.

Any guesses on how many on that list bought them? ZERO......ZIP......Nadda. People don'g realize that saying "I WANT ONE" "Put me on the list I can't wait to build one" does not mean anything unless you actually intend to do that. I had no plans to sell kits ever, so I invested $15k in further prototypes, molds, materials, etc. and to date we have sold THREE. All three of those have been at a discounted price barely above materials cost.

Sorry, no kits but I encourage everyone to explore scratch building as it's very rewarding but I will absolutely not offer kits again.

sorry

ericrs

70cc twin V2
Sorry, I will build a couple of these some point, but I will not sell "kits" of my designs anymore. After I had nearly 20 people that just HAD to have kits of my Viper and everyone said "put my name on the list, I WANT ONE!" Well, I had a list of just under 20 names so I'm a man of my word and I got coordinated to sell kits.

Any guesses on how many on that list bought them? ZERO......ZIP......Nadda. People don'g realize that saying "I WANT ONE" "Put me on the list I can't wait to build one" does not mean anything unless you actually intend to do that. I had no plans to sell kits ever, so I invested $15k in further prototypes, molds, materials, etc. and to date we have sold THREE. All three of those have been at a discounted price barely above materials cost.

Sorry, no kits but I encourage everyone to explore scratch building as it's very rewarding but I will absolutely not offer kits again.

sorry
Man that sucks!...that all your time, money, and effort has went to naught. It has been a real pleasure building your Viper kit. It is a simple and very well thought out kit.

WMcNabb

150cc
I had no plans to sell kits ever, so I invested $15k in further prototypes, molds, materials, etc. and to date we have sold THREE. All three of those have been at a discounted price barely above materials cost.

Terry, really sorry to hear this!! I would have thought demand would have been much greater.

Terry,
Sorry to hear this news. I really enjoy following your threads. Is the Viper kit going to continue to be available through Fibertech N More or will it be discontinued? I was waiting to see what other airframes you come out with, but since this is not going to happen, I may have to rethink that if you plan to discontinue the Viper kits.
Thanks, Travis

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
No big deal, Fibertechnmore will still have the Viper kit available as long as he wants to sell them but I won't do any more new kits.

It's all about enjoying the hobby and I've enjoyed working with Herve at PAU on the Viper project over there and hope we get to work on new projects in the future.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Maybe a PAU Cap then. It does suck though that you had the interest and only three pulled the trigger.

ARF companies battle this as well though, everyone is all excited and has to have one until it's time to put your money where your mouth is. I've heard several stories about people starting a big push to get something produced....then they sit in a warehouse and get sold below cost.

Luckily I never had intent to profit from RC planes.......there is very little chance of that ever happening anyway. It's way more important to just have fun while we can, before the new regulations on the dumb :dancing-poop: drones down us all out.