• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Can you believe this guy?

Lojik

70cc twin V2
I don't feel any specific negative attitude on this thread towards a particular supplier or sponsor, yes names have been mentioned but only in fact of a letter presented to the AMA

I feel this could turn into a worthwhile discussion about hosting large events and the pitfalls to watch out for without turning into a flame war, although the topics heading is a little deterrent to such a discussion

this coming from an outsider who has no experience with these events or their interactions

sweetpea

100cc
Here's the real crime!
All that experience and he can't land because one plane is hovering over the runway? Give me a break.

All that experience and they couldn't get out of the way for 30 secs to let someone land? Give me a break!

I wasn't there so I'm not taking sides........but if I had a spotter and there was an issue like this, I'd tell my spotter to walk over and tell the Yahoos (sponsored, RC gods, or asshats) to get off the runway so everyone can land. I can watch my plane for the 15-30 secs that would take. There is a lot that doesn't add up in this story but there is also a lot that makes sense and I've seen at other fields/events by other people.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Just my opinion, but I think the company reps doing demos should be on a time line that is scheduled and no one else flies while it is going on. I mean really, how long could an electric demo go for? 4 or 5 minutes? This has worked well at the electric event I go to here and there are alot more people waiting to fly. 3d also has seperate time slots then general flying. And yes, the "pro" should have a spotter. Actually 2 spotters. One for your plane, the other for the ego.

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
It is unfortunate that someone lost an airplane or I guess a couple of them but there are certainly somethings that both sides possible could have handled better. Yes QuiQue and Dave should have had a spotter with them but the guys on the other side had 5 spotters and any one of them could have walked down and made sure that QuiQue or Dave had heard them call landing.

I have known QuiQue for years and I know the last thing he wants to do is to cause any type of issue, he is just not that kind of guy. I can also say that QuiQue would have been well aware of everything going on around him even without a spotter. I have been around him and several of that level of pilots and they can generally tell what is going on around them better then the spotter can, that is one of the things that makes them so go is being able to know your surroundings and knowing how to avoid any issue.

The Foamy warbird guys wanted to put on a show and were upset that Dave was flying on the electric line at the same time apparently stealing their audience. So they attempt to buzz Dave while flying, one guy looses orientation and crashes. Dave's fault according to them. Then 2 hours later they wanted to put on another show and this time QQ launches so they try to buzz QQ and mid-air with him. Now they want Dave and QQ to buy them new planes because they are irresponsible RC "celebrities" and were flying 3D on the electric line.

Pretty blatant attempt to extort money from Dave and QQ for their own stupidity.