• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Can you believe this guy?

Flight style is the choice of the pilot per the Joe Nall web site, doesn't he look ignorant if some one actually looks into this claim. I know I should have been kicked off the line for going to play with my 42 slick if 3d was prohibited. Wow that is all
@emtp275 wasn't dymond hobbies the guys who kept driving and walking through our camp site?

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I found interesting the statement"I have flown on this flight line for many years and rules for this event are very clear".
That line is not many years old: is is a recent addition. First year was where the control line circle are now...not that long ago.
The electric line did get a little stiff: several of our friends were told "NO 3D HERE! this year....

SleepyC

150cc
I found interesting the statement"I have flown on this flight line for many years and rules for this event are very clear".
That line is not many years old: is is a recent addition. First year was where the control line circle are now...not that long ago.
The electric line did get a little stiff: several of our friends were told "NO 3D HERE! this year....
I think the electric line is on it's 4 or 5th year, but the first few had like 10 people at it. Then 3 years ago 25, last year 100 and this year it was HUGE

SleepyC

150cc
Is it that small that if a plane is hovering that a person could not land?

No it's a LARGE field. normal size of an RC field if not more 5 flight stations. I love the Electric area, and even next to it was kind of the DLG area, I tossed a little DLG 300 times with no issue.

emtp275

100cc
Well I guess they will have to update the description of the line on the website, it reads as I said in the prior post, I would go down the hill when I got bored and huck my 42 cuz I dont belong on the 3d line yet lol, But if this is the case I wont waist my time taking the smaller electrics theres no point just to fly circles with them, LOL I'd prob fall asleep mid flight and fall over..... I guess that would be funny for some one.

Last edited:

mndless

Don't know a thing..
You park your car outside of a baseball field, you have to accept the real risk of taking a baseball in the windshield... a bit of presumption of the risk. You put your airplane up at Joe Nall... you have every expectation that you are flying in an environment with a very heightened risk....