• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Calling all Pitts, Stearman, Waco, big bipes not dreadfully slow. 70"+ws

Would you be willing to participate in a Pitts, Eagle, Challenger only event.

• Yes!

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • No!

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I don't know about you guys but I really don't care much for putting my Eagle up with a slew of aircraft ranging in size, style, speeds, and quite frankly a broad range of skills like at the club. So, I am wondering if an event specific would be worth trying to put together.
If your response is depends, please elaborate in a post.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
So I can count that as the first "no" vote? I know most probably could not attend hence my inquiring before I approach any of my clubs. I am going to say 30-50 would make for a good first meet event.

It would be like trying to organize an old school 3D event that all the XA pilots want to fly.

Your event idea is interesting to me, but I dont have any of the above listed aircraft.

Wacobipe

100cc
So I can count that as the first "no" vote? I know most probably could not attend hence my inquiring before I approach any of my clubs. I am going to say 30-50 would make for a good first meet event.
Nope...I voted yes....I just think that'll be the biggest challenge to organizing something like this.

Bipeguy03

150cc
I'd be in for it, only limiting factor for me would be distance.

A slightly smaller turn out would be good, only having to share the sky with one airplane instead of 7 when flying my M12 would be nice! :)

I've often thought of organizing a biplane and classics event, how cool would it be to see a flight line full of Stinsons, Wacos, Gee Bees, old air show planes like the Chipmunk, Great Lakes, Pitts', ect, ect..... Prolly wouldn't get much interest in that though, not to many Stinsons will do rolling Harriers ;)

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I would have approached one of my clubs if interest was there. I know with all the different events done one of the three would do a bipe's only event. But being here in central Florida may not be the most, or even near, convenient location. Maybe someone in a more central spot would do one.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
It's close enough to fit in. I stated those three so as not to be mixing a fast aerobatic bipe with something that is not. A Jungmeister would be a good fit a Camel, Nieuport, Fokker, and the like would not.

Last edited: