• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bob Dively Super Stearman

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I have acquired one of these kit's. Although it look's to be dead on in scale it also look's as though it could get heavy quickly in a scale build. The purchase includes the kit, cowl and pant's, custom to the kit Robart oleo gear, CB Associates 6-1/2" wheels, CB hinging hardware, dummy radial, an aluminum spinner, and a DLE 111 to power it. Has anyone here built one of these and have any opinion of the final outcome in regards to the kit.
And Yes, if I build it, it will be a scale build.

Attachments

• 100_1933.JPG
    100_1933.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 560

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Ace, sorry to fill your Stearman thread with Skybolt talk, but while we're on the subject there is a full scale Skybolt being built about three blocks from my business. The guy is building it in a very small garage attached to the house he inherited from his grandfather. It is the second Skybolt built there. His grandfather built one there in the late 70's. He also built a SE5 in that garage in the 90's. The first Skybolt was destroyed in a crash in which the grandson was a passenger. His father was piloting and was killed.

The grandfather had a business right next to mine. He was one hell of a craftsman. I used to stop by his house to watch the progress when he was building the SE5. I never did get to see the finished product, but he did get it finished and it did fly.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
This isn't really a Stearman thread as much as just wanted opinions on it. Apparently there aren't many that have built the Dively kit Stearman so I will just have to depend on my fortyish years of model building to do it right. So post away, a bipe is a bipe with the exception of the really slow and old one's.