• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Big Torque Servos - ProModeler PDRS420BLHV 420oz Brushless servo!

Lojik

70cc twin V2
I started a thread about a week ago on these, those that have used them said they like them, would also like to hear a few more flight reports before risking a set shipped to AU but from what I have read so far and the companies approach to CS and sales it seems like a good combination of sensible manufacturing and no bull advertisement.

I've been a big Savox fan recently and before that was a die hard Hitex user but with the move to larger aircraft I am finding the quality of the higher end servos to be lacking, and those that offer the quality want 2 - 3 x the going rate for a servo of that stated "spec"

I hope Pro modeler do well, if there is one thing we can never have enough of.. its choice and competition, without it we would all be using the same gear one the same planes.

M

Matt

I can promise you that you will not be disappointed if you just give them a shot... to be totally honest I do not know why they are so cheap other than the fact that this is NOT how John makes his living, it is a side thing he does. they should not be this cheap but I did buy more at this price just to have for my next airplane ( don't let my fiancé find out I am planning on a next one)

M

Matt

@Unbalanced, so far centering has been incredible. I was able to finally set up my beast and although not my imac plane I was able to respectably fly through intermediate with no issue and stumble my way through advanced. the servos also do not get the hitech or JR jitters. there is almost no backlash in the gears so they are super tight.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
My rudder servos on my Raven are starting to show some wear (hitec 7955tg). I might try these bad boys out on it.

@Unbalanced, so far centering has been incredible. I was able to finally set up my beast and although not my imac plane I was able to respectably fly through intermediate with no issue and stumble my way through advanced. the servos also do not get the hitech or JR jitters. there is almost no backlash in the gears so they are super tight.

But this is an analog servo, correct?

No these servos are digital as you would expect from a much higher priced 8711HV or the like. I doubt I would have purchased these if they were analog
I just called and asked and they are indeed digital. Confusing since only the red cased servos on his site are labeled as such.

Attachments

• promodeler.JPG
    promodeler.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 428