• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Big News: ZTW B Series ESC's are HERE!

TMO

30cc
We just got our first shipment in of the long-awaited ZTW B series ESC's. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. We have about half of the models up and ready to go right now at the time of this writing, with the other half waiting until the box gets here on the second shipment.

Here's a link to the B Series Page on the site: click me!

Yay!

-Tim

hone

150cc
The BEC is adjustable to 6v whereas the original ZTWs have a set 5v BEC(maybe 5.5v i'm not sure)

gyro

GSN Contributor
Original series are fixed at 5.5v, these are selectable from 5.0-5.5-6.0v.
Also, they come in different sizes that the others, such as 55a and 65a :)

TMO

30cc
The big new features are:
Secondary sub-menu setting , easier programming.
Adjustable BEC output 5.0V/5.5V/6.0V and Continuous 5A current (The A series is fixed at 5.5V)
Advanced Governor Mode (maintains motor speed even though varying load)
More optional motor timing setups and soft acceleration start ups.
Safety thermal over-load protection, when the temperature of ESC exceeds 110 deg C,the ESC will reduce the output power to allow it to cool.
Use new generation of the MOSFET to ensure minimal heating, higher current and higher reliability .
New Advanced programming software.

TMO

30cc
I believe so. The throttle response is firmware based- not a result of the particular components. The ZTW guys hang their hats on throttle linearity, and they definitely did not introduce throttle curves like the castle v2's, nor would they mess with their bread and butter. But I have to get one in a plane to tell you definitively. Long story short- Other than BEC, programming, advanced heli features and new FET's, I expect more or less the same. I waited over a year for them to make sure they had it right before I brought them in, and ZTW has had (that Tennesee based retailer's OEM labelled version of the B Series)'s data to work out issues and have enough data for realistic reliability and performance evaluation.